Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Overrated Uniqueness


So as I was walking around campus today 
I realized that many of the girls and guys 
With supposedly edgy "hairstyles" and outfits
Looked pretty much the SAME.
Everybody wants to be artistic,
Everybody wants to be DIFFERENTLY cool.
Everybody wants to go natural.
(Disclaimer: I am not against natural hair, 
I am just tired of women doing it because everybody else is doing it)

So this got me thinking
Since everyone is trying so hard lately to be unique
Eventually, everybody will look the same, act the same.
It will be like watching living photocopies...
So next time, you are trying so hard to be unique
To make others realize that you are "important"
Let's face it, you were important from the get go
No need to try so hard.
Besides, a philosopher once said:
“Of course you’re unique, just like everyone else".

Stay True to Yourselves Readers,
♥ Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment