Friday, November 4, 2016

Appreciation



It literally has been five years since I posted anything.
I have written but not posted so I figured better late then never.

I have wanted to be a doctor my whole life.
Minus that one period where I wanted to be a flight attendant.
Thankfully, that desire was fleeting. Pun intended.
And, I have been blessed to see my dreams come to reality.

Everyday, I walk out of work amazed by the value of human life.
Amazed by the intricacies of the human body.
And everyday I realize that the more I  know.
The more I don't know.

I have seen patients survive injuries that only a miracle could explain.
I have seen patients respond to the treatment so beautifully that all I could do was smile.
I have also seen tragedy that words could not even describe.

But through all of it, I have learned to appreciate the people in my life.
Past or present who have impacted me.
I have learned that as cliche as it sounds tomorrow is not promised.
And the ones in our life whom we love should be appreciated.

I have seen too many cases of "I wish I did" to not urge you to live life to the fullest.
So cherish the people who value you.
Love a little harder. Laugh a little longer. Smile a little brighter.

It's never to late to learn to truly value the humans who make your life better.
♥ Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment