Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Frenemies?


The other day I was talking with a friend of mine.
And she said something to me that got me thinking:
"G, it's not those who don't like you you have to worry about.
It's your friends"

And, right after she said it. 
I think some of my brain cells stopped working for a nanosecond.
Is it true that it's our friends that we should worry about?

Friends are the people you feel safe around 
Because you know they care about you.
They call just to see how you are doing, because a friend doesn't need an excuse.
They tell you the truth, the first time, and you do the same.
You know that if you have a problem, they are there to listen.
Friends are the people you love regardless, whether or not you realize it.

And yet, I have a close friend who has hurt numerous times.
Sometimes, it happens because she doesn't realize it and
Often it happens because my friend has a tendency to be selfish.
I think it's in her nature.
She is the one that thought that those you care about 

Have the power to hurt you the most.
Yet, I still care for her because hey I am a softie. lol

No but seriously,
Should we worry about our friends?

Last time I checked, the famous quote said,
Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
Not the other way around....
 

What do you think readers?

No comments:

Post a Comment