Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sticks and Stones


All my life I have heard sayings like:
"Just because you are book smart doesn't mean
You're street smart"
or better yet
"You might make in school but you won't in life"

Well for the past two weeks, I was shown and proven that 
All of these people were WRONG and SPITEFUL.
As I am finishing my thesis paper for my master's degree,
I recieved a phone call telling me that out of the 27,000 students attending my university
I was chosen with four other students to
Be recognized and honorably mentioned in the Presidential State of University Address.

For a long time, these sayings have hurted me 
But as I am getting ready to apply for graduation,
And as I look forward to go the State of University Address
I believe and KNOW that God will make me shine as the years go by.

One thing for sure,
When people try to you bring down,
God will only bring you higher.

So readers, if you know someone who tries to bring you down
Just brush it off and try your best to follow the saying:
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"
In the end, it's not about what they say
It's about rising up, and becoming a better person everyday!!!

Stay Strong,
And remember that the sky is not the limit...
There are footprints on the moon :)
God Bless,
♥ Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment