Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Different is BETTER


It amazes me how sometimes many of us restrict who we truly are: to fit it, to please others, to blend into the fading background that is our world.

I have seen it many times, where we tend to assimilate to the diverse ways of those that surround us and become a little more like them and less like us.

But think about it, if you keep trying to fit in, dont you end being lost in the decor? Forgotten because you are so common?

If everybody is alike, this world would be oh so boring and dreadful. I can see it now. "Visualize, the one person who makes you smile. Maybe its their smile, their goofiness, their personality, their physical (dont lie some of you out care about the physical). Now think about men in general, there are different types of men right? RIGHT (Amen to that). Visualize a spectrum of women:different sizes, different shapes, different personalities. FINALLY, think of everything blending in, the person that makes you smile is SOOOO similar to the girl or guy next door. Everybody would talk the same, act the same, try to wear the same thing. It would be like the movie Men In Black expect maybe we would be closer to clones than anything.

Personally, I WOULD hate (and Hate is a STRONG word that I rarely use) to be part of such world. I love the fact that the people in my life are DIFFERENT, they think differently, they have a voice to be heard, a story to tell, a lifetime to live THEIR way and hopefully share with ME :)

So if you are out there and you are trying to be like somebody else. Please do yourself a favor and STOP. God created you a way that fits YOU best.
Many times, people tell me I am a weirdo in my ways of thinking or acting. Well I think that is a great compliment. Wouldn't you rather be a weirdo because you are UNIQUE, armed with YOUR personality and ideas? I thought so, too.

Stay Unique,
Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment