Saturday, September 19, 2009

When I die...

I was going through my book of poems and I found this one and thought I should share:

When I Die

I don’t give a danm about Gucci, LV, Coach, Juicy Couture & co.

Sure they make the appearance look good but they are more like a quiproquo.

Once you care more about what’s outside,

You forget about the inside.

In this world where, one is more prone to selfishness,

The words; tenderness seems to be forgotten along with forgiveness.

It if aint about being cool or making that dough, it aint for most.

If it aint about hollering at that shorty over there,

Or getting that sugar daddy right there,

It is mosdef not for most.

But is that what our world has come to? A world of morals forgotten?

Living for the flashing lights while the light Himself is forgotten?

Evaluating people by their bank accounts instead of who they are?

Money over People?

Living in an immoral world, where wrong and right seem to blend in…!!!

Where are we heading to?

What are we leaving for the future generations to look up to?

If that’s what we have to live in, I sure don’t want to be a part of it from the getgo.

Because I know where I want to go when I die.

And I am sure that a sugar daddy cant bring me there.

December, 18 2007


Hope you enjoyed it,

Gigi


No comments:

Post a Comment