Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Adulthood

Last night I decided that I wanted to cook some authentic Haitian food. Since I live alone and no longer have the luxury to mooch off my mother's cooking I had to pull out the pots and pans and get to it.
I let the chicken to be seasoned overnight and after class one hour I cooked some rice and beans, some chicken in sauce and some baked chicken.
And I was amazed at how much I had changed over the years. When I was younger, you couldn't pay me to cook dinner. I hated it. It was more a chore then anything. For all I cared, everybody could have starved if they were waiting on me to cook for them. lol
Now as I am fresh into adulthood, I really feel like an adult with all my bills.
And I am glad, that I am no longer a child.
I think there is a time for everything.
And part of life is leaving behind one's childlike manners to acquire life skills
Sometimes, change is good.
If I hadn't changed, currently I would be dying of starvation lol.
Gaining maturity is a process that we all have to go through.
The early you gain it, the better off you are.
So readers, embrace your the changes that adulthood brings into your life.
Love,Gigi

1 comment: