Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"The World Should Evolve Around Me" Syndrome


So its 1:17 am and insomnia wont let me rest my eyes... Its more like a blank state of mind where nothing serious is occupying me. Maybe if I logged off facebook, sleep would gladly sweep me off my feet but that's another story.
This post is about people that swear the world revolves around them... You know you know at least one person that acts like they are the alpha and omega and if not you know that at one point of your life you were suffering from that egotistical syndrome. First thing first, I have to admit that couple years ago, I was one of those individuals expecting everything to go my way or my way. lol There were no other alternatives.
However, a part of growing up is realizing there are others' people feelings, thoughts, actions involved in whatever actions we take upon us to do. A friend was telling me that this guy FLIPPED OUT when she told him no she would not give him her phone number and started giving her everything but the finger.
My feelings on the matter is that NO is one of the best words in this world. Sometimes you don't even have to explain yourself. Just say no and one good look and the message is understood. And we, as human, forever growing and learning, should understand that the world is not ours 24/7, we share with other people therefore we have to take in consideration the others that are surrounding us.
That is why my tip for this truly early morning is to take a dose of humility today if you have that "the world should revolve around me" syndrome. Because truly it does not, never was, and probably never will. That's why we have the sun, right?

Stay grounded,
Gigi

3 comments:

  1. Girl I dont think anyone coulda said it any better! And I wish this had a tag so I could tag somebody or somebodies in it..maybe even myself on days. Well keep em coming girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think YOU SHOULD TELL ALL THEM STUCK UP MALES AND FEMALES AT OUR SCHOOL THIS LOL!!!! I couldnt have said it better myself, well spoken mama luve ya LC

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! OMG! OMG! that's all I can say....c tres bien dit ma chere :))

    ReplyDelete